Saturday, January 30, 2010

Challenge of 2010

As of today, I am going to dedicate most of this blog to my journey to weight loss. I have been struggling to get motivated in the past few years - mainly because of my work and school obligations... I simply have no time and is too tired. I have come to realize that in order to be happy, you have to be happy with yourself first. The past few months really made me realize that I have been giving up on myself. Just because I'm married now, it doesn't mean I don't have to pay attention to the way I look. I feel like such a slob. I used to be ambitious and driven. What happened to that? As of today, I'm determined to go back to the old me.

At the beginning of the new year, I have made a decision to reconnect with old friends. Today I am finally getting together with a few of them. I'm very excited - I haven't seen them in over 6+ years. As I get older, I realized how important friends are and I regret not keeping in touch with those who were good to me. I hope after today I will be able to hang out with them more and pick up where we left off.

I woke up this morning wanting to work out some gunk. I popped in a P90X Polymetrics DVD - in my opinion the hardest of the whole series - and worked out for about 30 minutes. I couldn't finish the whole DVD because I was out of breath. It has been awhile since I was really active. This past weekend we went snowboarding in the Poconos and I realized how out of shape I really am. So I'm going to start this nice and slow until I build up enough endurance and strength. For now, I'm proud at that I initiated the work out this morning.

No comments: