Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dr. Oz's Diet

So it's almost 2am. Came back from watching Valentine's Day a few hours ago and now I can't sleep. Hubby is snoring lightly next to me. Thought I'd use this time to update this week's events.

A few weeks back we watched Dr. Oz and he was talking about weight loss. He suggested eating 6 small meals throughout the day to jump start your metabolism. The smaller portions will also help curb over-eating. Seems doable. We went to Pathmark on Monday after our snowboarding trip and bought groceries for the whole week. Items in the diet include:
1. Yogurt
2. Whole wheat bagel with light cream cheese
3. Canned salmon
4. Apple
5. Salad greens with black pepper
6. Dark chocolate

We have been following this diet for 4 days straight, replacing items for variety. For example, instead of apples, we would have a banana or instead of salmon, we would have tuna, etc. It has been working pretty well. We eat every 2 hours and do not feel hungry or deprived. Only hard part is wanting more satisfied food for dinner instead of just salad greens. So we have been having a smaller portion of my mom's home cooking. I will continue the diet for as long as I can. I also plan to substitute the yogurt for a protein shake every now and then. I will report the progress here.

In nutrition class, my professor spoke about a diet consisting of fiber and how it helps your body eliminate waste. I have always felt bloated and irregular. I know I don't eat enough veggies and fruits so I went to Rite-Aid and bought single packets of Benefiber. You mix it with water and it actually taste great! Found a $2 off coupon online as well so I'm going to stock up. I also bought a bulk container of orange flavored Metamucil but it doesn't taste as good as Benefiber. I have been using it for 5 days straight now and believe it or not, I feel like my tummy has gotten flatter!

We have set up a trip to Mexico in June. Hope I can slim down in time for beach season!

No comments: