Friday, January 29, 2010

Julie and Julia

The Julie and Julia DVD has been sitting there on my desk for weeks... couldn't find the time or the energy to watch it. Thought it was going to be a boring movie about boring people. I was wrong. It was actually a very heart warming and inspirational film. It has motivated me to start this blog again.

Julie - in the movie, is a girl who hates her job, hates her new apt and hates where she lives. She has goals to become a writer but it never happened. The only thing going for her is her loving husband. She was looking for an "out", something to jump start her life. She has always loved cooking and looked up to Julia Child. So she gave herself a challenge... 365 days, 524 recipes from Julia Child's cookbook and blog it every step of the way. Over that one year period, she has learned a lot about herself, what makes her happy, what matters and found her life back.

I'm in the same situation. I have been a bit depressed lately due to my career, school, home life, and etc. I have decided I am also going to give myself a challenge and document it in this blog. Hopefully it will be something that can change me for the better and motivate me to do more with my life.

To be continued...

No comments: