Monday, April 13, 2009

The start of a new me

Today, I will start taking care of my body. Now that the weekend has come and gone, I am going to try eating healthier and be more active. My goal is to feel and look better by the end of June. Why June? Well, that is when we plan to go on vacation. I have about two months. I better get it poppin'.

So how did I get here? A few reasons and I won't make any excuses... First, being too comfortable in a relationship can really make a person lazy. All you want to do is spend time together doing absolutely nothing as long as you're in each other's presence. Second, going back to college is rough especially since I have to wake up at 6am every morning and study every minute of the day. There's barely any time to plan meals or go to the gym. Most of the time I'm looking for a quick fix in between classes, grabbing pizza, sandwiches or burgers in the cafeteria. When I get home after a long day of classes, the last thing I want to do is go workout.

I remember there was a time when I used to go to the gym 5-6 times a week for 2 hours a day, practically lived there! I went as crazy as to doing 2 spin classes back to back. I was also a very strict eater cutting out all fast food, snacks, junk food and soda. Not that being strict was bad, but I surely wasn't living life. So this time around, I'm going to do things in moderation. Since its spring break this week, I am going to slowly get back into the gym (starting tomorrow perhaps?). The first couple of days won't be easy but I'm ready for the lifestyle change.

Today's activitiy
So how did I do today? Well I worked all day, couldn't really implement much of my "get healthy plan" (I know I know, sounds like an excuse).
Breakfast - I had a wheat bagel with egg whites, ham and tomatoes
Lunch - Skipped it because I was too busy (sigh I know that's bad) and snacked on about 4 pieces of chocolate truffles (it was the stress, don't shoot me!)
Dinner - I had a healthy portion of mom's home cooked meal
Snack/dessert - One white chocolate covered strawberry

Goal for tomorrow
To cut out the chocolate, eat a sensible lunch and squeeze in a workout. Going out with bff tomorrow, hope I won't run into a detour!

1 comment:

juliana C.J said...

hi scorpion,me too,nice,keep updating ur blog
ya