Saturday, April 18, 2009

Boom Boom Pow

I was being a hermit studying in bed this beautiful Saturday morning when I heard a boom. I immediately knew someone had a car accident outside. Normally I wouldn't really care or go out to look but then I remembered last night I parked my car outside on the street instead of in my carport. Since people tend to make U-turns on my block and there were a few times when idiots would accidentally hit the parked cars, I thought maybe my car was hit. So I threw on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, and went outside. My car was untouched, thank God, but I saw groups of people at the corner of the block. Turns out there were two cars involved in some sort of accident where one of the cars actually ran up on the curb into the front yard of someone's house! The car drove through a brick fence and plowed down a small tree. Fire engines, police cars and paramedics all started driving up. Reminder to self, never buy a corner property.


No comments: